• Sat. Dec 3rd, 2022

Theriversforum

The point of Reports

Ex-Man United Manager Who Advised Chelsea Not To Sign Ronaldo Revealed

Byadmin

Aug 28, 2022

Man Utd, Real Madrid, Others React As Ronaldo Loses Baby Boy

A former Manchester United manager who admonished Chelsea not to sign Red Devils star player, Cristiano Ronaldo, has been revealed.

Naija News reports that the Blues were on the verge of landing a contract with the Red Devils’ striker before the start of the 2022/23 English Premier League but the idea was shelved afterwards.

Chelsea co-owner, Todd Boehly had shown interest in signing Ronaldo in the transfer window. The American businessman was said to have met with the Portuguese national team captain’s agent, Jorge Mendes.

Reports about the shelved deal revealed that Chelsea manager, Thomas Tuchel, took the decision not to sign Cristiano Ronaldo following admonition from United’s former interim manager, Ralf Rangnick.

The Times reports that Rangnick was the reason why Tuchel did not sign the five-time Ballon d’Or winner.

Naija News recalls that Rangnick managed Ronaldo for a while at United before he was replaced by Erik Ten Hag.

Rangnick had at the end of last season criticised Ronaldo’s pressing capabilities.

I Have Not Made Up My Mind Yet – Pinnick

Two-time President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Amaju Pinnick had said some days ago that he is yet to decide if he would be seeking a third term as the head of the country’s football federation.

Naija News understands that reports have claimed earlier that the FIFA Council member, who is concluding his second term in office, is seeking re-election for a third term.

The reports also quoted Pinnick saying, he had received several calls from “very influential Nigerians” to seek re-election.

“I had initially decided not to vie, but I have been receiving several calls from very influential Nigerians as well as genuine lovers of the sport urging me to seek another term. It is within the law and I will decide about it when the right time comes,” Pinnick was quoted as saying.

“I’m yet to talk to my family and my business associates though, but there are people who want me to continue,” Pinnick reportedly added.

However, while speaking in a chat with The Punch, the NFF president admitted that there was pressure from some individuals for him to contest in the upcoming elections but he has not made up his mind.

He said, “I’m not going to grant any interviews in Nigeria. The interview I granted was in Kenya and does not mean I have agreed or I will agree to contest for the third term or not. I said this in Kenya and I’m not going to grant any interview in Nigeria.

“A lot of Nigerians in Kenya want me to contest, but it does not mean I have accepted. I have not said that I’m going to contest, but I must respect the fact that many meaningful Nigerians want me to continue.

“I’m going to grant an interview this week, but at the moment, my position stands. Amaju Pinnick is not contesting for a third term election.”

This article was originally published on Naija News