Scores of travelers were reportedly abducted on the Benin-Owo Expressway in Ifon, the headquarters of Ose Local Government Area of Ondo State on Saturday evening.
The number of travelers kidnapped have not been confirmed.
However, some sources told Punch that the victims were over 40 in number.
Another source claimed that the travellers were 32 in number, who were travelling in a Coastal bus to Benin City, Edo State, from Ondo State but on getting to Ifon area the hoodlums appeared from the bush and stopped the vehicle after which they whisked all the occupants of the vehicle into the bush.
The source said, “The people (victims) and they were going to Benin when they were kidnapped in Ifon area on their way yesterday ( Saturday) and nobody has heard anything about them since then.”
The Police Public Relations Officer of the state, Funmilayo Odunlami, when contacted by the publication, confirmed the incidence but could not verify the number of victims.
She stated further that the men of the command and other security agencies had embarked on a search for the victims in the forest.
She said: “Our men and other security agencies are already in the forest to rescue the victims unhurt, while investigation into the incident has commenced.”
This article was originally published on Naija News